Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Aug 7th (no year)

Dear Parent

It is with a degree of pleasure that I sit down to inform you that wee are about to take up our line of march this afternoon we received order to bee ready to go aboard a Vesel and report to Gen Burnside which we are truly hapy to doo three will not but four guns go the others will stay here to wate for there frend who is on (illegible) (illegible) the box that I sent for you will not send if you have not for it will bee some bother for me to get it but if you have sent it I shall get it some way I'll write as soon as we get to our destination my health is very good which I am very thank full for and which is one of the greatest natural blessings that is confered on human beings. what we shall need I canot tell but my trust in God is staying. It is late and I must Close hoping soon to hear from you and wishing to remain your sincere Son

Sylvester

Give my love and respects to all inquiring friends

No comments: